The Department of Agriculture wishes to advise the public who are planning on using its Abattoir services this Christmas season of the following:
To arrange for slaughter services, persons should visit the DOA front desk, during the month of November 2023. Deadline is November 29th, 2023.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Booking of animals is required for slaughter: your name; telephone number; email address; livestock species and number of livestock animals you need slaughtered; the preferred date and time for delivery of carcass/meat, and where you want the carcass/meat delivered to.
- All livestock for slaughter are required to be rested for at least 6 hours at the Abattoir holding pen prior to slaughter. Animals must be received between 7:00am and 4:00pm (based on the advertised schedule).
- Non ambulatory animals and pigs weighing greater than 350 pounds will not be accepted.
- Sick animals are not allowed.
- The Abattoir will not be delivering the fifth (5th) quarter. Clients must have a suitable drum/container to collect the fifth (5th) quarter (head, feet, liver, kidneys, etc.) and this must take place by the end of the business day of slaughter.
Christmas Slaughter Dates: December 8th – December 22nd 2023
Last day of Livestock delivery is Wednesday, 20th December 2023.
Last day of Christmas slaughter is Thursday, 21st December 2023.
Last day of carcasses/meat delivery is Friday, 22nd December 2023.
Pick-up/deliveries of carcasses for the week of December 3rd is December 7th