The Department of Agriculture wishes to advise the public who are planning on using its abattoir services this Christmas season of the following:
To arrange for slaughter services, persons should visit the DOA Front Desk, during the month of November 2022. Deadline is the 30 November 2022.
Please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Your name; telephone number; email address; type and number of livestock animals you need slaughtered; the preferred date and time for delivery of carcass/meat, and where you want the carcass/meat delivered to.
- All livestock for slaughter are required to be rested for at least 6 hours at the abattoir holding pen prior to slaughter.
- Animals must be received between 7:00 am and 4:00 PM (based on the advertised schedule).
- Non ambulatory animals and Pigs weighing greater than 350 pounds will not be accepted.
- The fifth quarter collection (head, feet, liver, kidneys, etc.) must take place by appointment only. Clients must have a suitable drum/container to collect 5th quarter.
The management and staff of the Department of Agriculture and the Government Abattoir wish their clients a Merry Christmas and a productive 2023 new year.
- The last day for livestock delivery will be Wednesday, 21st December 2022
- The last day of Christmas slaughter will be Thursday, 22nd December 2022
- The last day to deliver carcasses/meat will be Friday, 23rd December 2022